Quick shout-out to our very own Susan Groves. She departed our family to move on to bigger and better things! You're gonna miss her. We're gonna miss her. I'm gonna miss her! She really brought a distinct and vibrant life to the station in every capacity she worked. For those who didn't know, she wore many different hats and the rest of her wardrobe was always magnificent. Plus, her knowledge of the industry made all of us here on Alice better personalities! For those who knew Susan personally, it's a sad day.
The music must go on!
If you're reading this now, you probably missed out on your chance to win a pair of tickets to the Grouplove concert October 8th at the Pageant. So, you missed your chance? That's a bummer, isn't it?
|Aimee Mann looking great!|
Have no fear! I've got tickets I'll be giving away Thursday afternoon on Alice! This show, I'm actually super jealous of who will be able to go. Thursday afternoon I'll be hooking up a lucky listener with two tickets to check out the beautifully intricate Aimee Mann. She'll be down at The Pageant November 13th!
Ms. Mann has done music for a ton of fantastic movies including Magnolia, Boogie Nights, Cruel Intentions, I Am Sam, and Jerry Maguire. She also performed a tune for Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, so needless to say, she's been very busy and she'll woo you at the Pageant November 13th!
Every Wednesday here on Alice, we like to hook you up with a simple dinner recipe that is quick, easy, fulfilling, and will surely be a favorite with whoever you prepare the meal for. Don't forget, all the ingredients to the Simple Dinner Recipe are available at Country Market on Wabash (you can also "Like" them on Facebook here).
Today, we present to you Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta!
Serves 4 -- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 bacon strips (mmmm ... bacon),
- diced 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking; cook beef over medium heat in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels.
- Drain bacon drippings from skillet. Drain pasta, add to skillet.
- Stir in the soup, beef and bacon; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until the cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
You can find all the ingredients at Country Market on Wabash. Plus, they'll have this recipe and other Simple Dinner Recipes there for you to take a crack at! Buy Local! It's Country Market on Wabash!